In design-related fields, we can observe the tendency for over-preparedness. Whether it comes from the curse of perfectionism or is an effect of impostor syndrome, learning the ropes of improv might help you reach new heights as a designer, researcher, or product manager.
During the workshops, we’ll show the basic concept of improv from the perspective of a seasoned improviser (Ewa) and a designer who’s only recently fallen in love with improv (Filip)
- being present here and now (important in every project),
- creating ideas based on minimal information/inspiration (very Lean!),
- being flexible and open to constant change (so Agile!),
- active listening and building upon someone’s else ideas with the “yes’and” rule (Design Thinking at its finest),
- treating every mistake as a gift and a chance for new experiments (hi there, Product Discovery practitioners!).
Our fast-paced and slides-free workshop will be based on improv games, sometimes transformed to better fit the design processes and workshops, that you can implement in your work nearly right away.
Head of product design apptension, Chapter Lead/Principal UX Designer, SWPS Wykładowca UXD studia podyplomowe,
Co-founder at House of Product
UX Researcher at Sii